net util static compile link error

Brian Stull bstullkid at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:44:39 MDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to build the net util statically and everything compiles fine until it gets to linking and I receive the following error:

#uname -a
9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Wed Jul 15 16:55:01 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.15.4~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

#./configure --enable-static=yes --enable-shared=no --disable-cups --without-sys-quotas --without-ads
.
.
.
WARNING: shared disabled
WARNING: provided readdir() is invalid

#make bin/net
.
.
.
ompiling lib/netapi/netlogon.c
Linking non-shared library bin/libnetapi.a
Linking bin/net
Undefined symbols:
  "_CFStringCreateMutableWithExternalCharactersNoCopy", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_push in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringDelete", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringGetLength", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_push in charset_macosxfs.o
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringCreateMutable", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringAppendCString", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringSetExternalCharactersNoCopy", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_push in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringNormalize", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_push in charset_macosxfs.o
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_kCFAllocatorNull", referenced from:
      _kCFAllocatorNull$non_lazy_ptr in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringAppendPascalString", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringGetBytes", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_push in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_CFStringGetCharacters", referenced from:
      _macosxfs_encoding_pull in charset_macosxfs.o
  "_kCFAllocatorDefault", referenced from:
      _kCFAllocatorDefault$non_lazy_ptr in charset_macosxfs.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/net] Error 1

Any idea how to fix this? I do not want a shared lib version.

-Thanks
Brian