Success with Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jul 11 03:58:19 MDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 00:21 -0400, Alex Hieronymi wrote:
> As per the Samba4/howto page, here's some information surrounding my
> success with Samba 4-alpha17-GIT-8083849.

> Both Samba3.5 and Samba4 have been running for a week, with nightly
> backups running over scp.  These are both great products, and I look
> forward for all future development work.  That being said, I myself am a
> C programmer, and will be looking through the TODO list for any work I
> can contribute.

All contributions to Samba are very welcome.  To start hacking on
Samba4, the best place to start is to join #samba-technical on
irc.freenode.net.  C programmers are particularly welcome :-)

We have various TODO lists, but most are pretty cryptic.  Hopefully we
can find something for you to get your teeth into however :-)