samba4 and libdlz_bind9.so

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Fri Jul 8 00:43:11 MDT 2011

On 08/07/2011 00:20, Gémes Géza wrote:
>> Hi Kai,

>>> As of yesterday night, my DNS provisioning patches are in the master
>>> branch of samba.git. New provisions should now create the required DNS
>>> entries while the AD is being set up.
>> thanks a lot for your patches Kai. I pulled out the git master branch
>> this afternoon, compiled merrily, provisioned eagerly, and there are
>> indeed DNS entries which looks quite fine in the
>> cn=MicrosoftDNS,cn=System,<base_dn>  ldap branch. Great!
>>
>> However, I still couldn't resolve dns entries. Looking at samba4 debug
>> trace, it seems that it is looking at
>> dn=CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,<base_dn>  for dnsZone, and not in
>> the cn=MicrosoftDNS,cn=System,<base_dn>  where the entries have been
>> created.
>>
>> Moreover, looking at an existing MS AD install, the forward dns
>> entries where actually in the
>> dn=CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,<base_dn>  and it seems to me that
>> it should be in a separate partition.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your efforts !
>>
>> Denis
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Kai
>>>
>>> - --
>>> Kai Blin
>>> Worldforge developer http://www.worldforge.org/
>>> Wine developer http://wiki.winehq.org/KaiBlin
>>> Samba team member http://www.samba.org/samba/team/
>>
> Please try to re-provision after applying the attached patch.
That's not the correct kind of Fix.

A more correct fix could be that the DLZ module check in the 2003
container first and if it didn't find anything in it then in the 2008.
Provision should also add the new containers

mat at ares:/usr/local/src/samba4$ ./bin/ldbsearch -H
~/workspace/samba/w2k8r2/private/sam.ldb '(CN=MicrosoftDNS)'  dn --cross-ncs

# record 1
dn: CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=w2k8r2,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net

# record 2
dn: CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=w2k8r2,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net

# record 3
dn: CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=w2k8r2,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net

mat at ares:/usr/local/src/samba4$ ./bin/ldbsearch -H
~/workspace/samba/w2k3r2/private/sam.ldb '(CN=MicrosoftDNS)'  dn --cross-ncs

# record 1
dn: CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=w2k3r2,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals

I'm wondering what's happening if you have a w2k3r2 server with a 2003
forest level and then you join a w2k8r2 then leave the w2k3 and raise
the forest level, will the dns container will be changed or not ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org