[vlendec at samba.org: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated]

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Feb 28 17:26:38 MST 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:12:31AM +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:

>  > The standard backend has the fallback to select, which seems like
>  > some code duplication from the select and epoll backends.
>
> yes, the runtime fallback was added because epoll() was a a fairly new
> call at the time, and was still not well tested.

I'd like to disable the automatic fallback at runtime, and maybe
only allow this for configure.developer (or the waf equivalent).

The reason is once we go over the 1024 fd_set limit of open fds,
we'll start silently failing if we've fallen back and I'd hate
to have to debug that in a production situation :-).

For developer tests I think it's fine.

Jeremy.