[Samba] Samba Cross-Compilation Problem

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:46:47 MST 2011

Hi

On 22 February 2011 17:29, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> It's not rocket surgery ;)
>
> Well, yes and no. For example:
>
> You suggested ./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/home/hitesh/samba/samba-05

Yes, but I only meant to highlight the --host part.  The rest was
directly from the ./configure command he was already using.  Of course
using --prefix like that is probably not the right way to go, but that
was a separate issue.

> However, --prefix has to be correct as well, as it is the location
> that the built programs are going to reside on the 'target' and he
> should probably use something --prefix=/usr/local or --prefix=/opt or
> whatever path he wants on the final target, and then when moving
> things to the staging directory, use 'make install
> DIR=/path/to/staging/dir' (I have forgotten the actual magic
> incantation so that is only approximately correct). This is because he

As I said in my initial reply:

  So, try with just --host=arm-linux.

  You might need more than the above to solve your problem, though.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>