Idmap changes in 3.6

Fri Feb 4 10:50:57 MST 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:22:19PM +0100, Michael Adam wrote:

> Opinions?

Our reputation regarding id mapping configuration is ruined
anyway. "Und ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, ...." Anything that
makes this orthogonal and understandable can only improve
things I think. I recently read the LWN summary of Eric
Allman's talk about 30 years of sendmail at LCA. Quoting
incompletely I think he regretted having not being more
strict in killing features.

This might sound strange from me, I try to continue
supporting existing configurations even at very high cost.
So this for me is one of the special cases where I consider
the cost too high.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9