Samba4 provision problem 4.0.0alpha15-GIT-1e42aa6

c.hoffmann at bnet.at c.hoffmann at bnet.at
Thu Feb 3 02:39:22 MST 2011

Hello to everyone!

I am new to the list and I am trying to set up samba4. I downloaded samba4
like stated in http://wiki.samba.org and was able to compile samba4 without
problems. I am using debian sid distribution. samba version
4.0.0alpha15-GIT-1e42aa6
I did:
./autogen-waf.sh (successful)
./configure (successful)
Make (successful)
Make install (successful)

After that I am trying to provision the server to be a domain controller
using the following command:
./setup/provision --realm=hch-net.at --domain=HCH-NET --adminpass=Pa$$w0rd
--server-role='domain controller' --host-ip=192.168.110.254

Provision starts but hangs forever on the last line (here is the output of
provision):
Setting up secrets.ldb
Setting up the registry
Setting up the privileges database
Setting up idmap db
Setting up SAM db
Setting up sam.ldb partitions and settings
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE
Pre-loading the Samba 4 and AD schema
Adding DomainDN: DC=hch-net,DC=at
Adding configuration container
Setting up sam.ldb schema
Reopening sam.ldb with new schema
Setting up sam.ldb configuration data
Setting up display specifiers
Adding users container
Modifying users container
Adding computers container
Modifying computers container
Setting up sam.ldb data
Setting up sam.ldb users and groups
Setting up self join
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE marking as synchronized
rndc: 'freeze' failed: not found
rndc: 'unfreeze' failed: not found
See /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf for an example configuration
include file for BIND
and /usr/local/samba/private/named.txt for further documentation required
for secure DNS updates
A Kerberos configuration suitable for Samba 4 has been generated at
/usr/local/samba/private/krb5.conf

Provision won´t complete. I already tried to use different mirrors for
downloading the sources but it always hangs on the same spot. There is no
hint in the logfiles.
When abort the provision and try to start samba (./samba –I –M single)
it says:
task_server_terminate: [Cannot start Winbind (domain controller): Failed to
find record for HCH-NET in /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.ldb: No such
object: (null): Have you provisioned the HCH-NET domain?]
As far as I understand the provision was not successful.

Any help would be appreciated,

br