Samba3.6.0rc3 problems

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Sun Aug 7 15:54:27 MDT 2011

I noticed that all access checks seem to be going through
se_access_check but access is being denied to users that
are members of Domain Admins if there is no ACL on the object.
I believe that Domain Admins are allowed access for read and
write DACL and take ownership at the very least.

Another problem I'm seeing is that XP clients are getting
login failures because of bad password, but smbclient and
W2k8 clients can login fine. wbinfo -a gets the following:

plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD (0xc000006a)
error message was: Wrong Password
Could not authenticate user native2k8\testuser1 with challenge/response

Are these known problems?