samba4 fails to rename some links upon object rename

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Apr 25 14:48:21 MDT 2011

Hello Metze,
>> Do we know the exact list of such kind of attributes ?
> Each attribute with DN, DN+String or DN+Binary syntax that doesn't have
> a linkID attribute.

Seems not enough for instance # record 3
dn:
CN=ms-PKI-AccountCredentials,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net
linkID: 2048

I didn't find the backlink 2049 for it.

I think the rule if more any attribute with DN, DN+String, DN+Binary
synthax that doesn't have a valid backlink id.

> <snip>

> Maybe we can just add this in the schema loading code and handle them
> exactly like real linked attributes.

I'm trying to do this right now. I realized that in order to have sites
really working (and so being able to move from 1 site to another a DC)
we need to have link working correctly otherwise there is too much
dangling links.

--

Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org