samldb and associated patches

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Sat Sep 18 03:54:49 MDT 2010

Hi Matthias,

Here are my 2c about you patch :)

http://gitweb.samba.org/samba.git/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=7de6c1f019fdd2ab4367c026c56de334afdd09d8
Right fix for this problem is to make FSMO role transfer handling in "net
fsmo"
tool synchronous. Increasing/decreasing this timeout is just a cosmetic
workaround, that can byte us again at any time.

http://gitweb.samba.org/samba.git/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=fe854c00d6105850f82784ce953d3de36162e438
<http://gitweb.samba.org/samba.git/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=fe854c00d6105850f82784ce953d3de36162e438>If
I understood correctly, this commit should allow for object with 'isDeleted'
set
to be removed when they are not in "Deleted Objects" container right?
IMHO, such a situation is a bug (or older version of Samba).
I think we should honor _RELAX_OID control here, so that upgrade provision
can fix this when upgrading.
Btw, can you recall how you reproduced this to happen?
I am observing recently a problem with subtree_rename.c module - it doesn't
allow repl_meta_data.c module to move an object under "Deleted Objects"?
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this always, so it should be a bug somewhere
else.

--
CU,
Kamen