Samba3's fake GSSAPI and FreeBSD

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Sep 11 20:05:38 MDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 07:01:16PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> While the whole patch scares me (if we need to use real GSSAPI that
> badly, we should use GSSAPI, and stop faking it up)

History Andrew, history. I'm sure you remember it. At the
time no gssapi library did what we needed, so we had no choice.

> Perhaps we should perhaps have two simple defines:  HAVE_KRB5 and
> HAVE_MODERN_KRB5, with a switch between the two rather than testing for
> each function, and getting too many combinations.  We just can't test
> the number of variations at the moment.

This is a good idea, but only if you are willing to spend the
time tracking down the calls and making the change. Else it's
an "unfunded mandate" (or wishful thinking :-). In the meantime
we'll just have to find and fix bugs as the occur, as normal.

Jeremy.