Please try to upgrade an alpha10 when enforcing new rules in samdb

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Sep 4 15:43:50 MDT 2010

  Hi Matthias,

On 15/08/2010 11:20, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Sorry, sorry, ekacnet,
>
> I have overseen the thread. I relaxed the delete checks but didn't
> relax the rename checks since I thought that wouldn't be necessary. I
> will push a patch which relaxes them too. Hope this is enough!
>
> Matthias

Did you finally do something ? I'm still having this error:
N=System,CN=WellKnown Security
Principals,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net,Renaming old object
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 1653, in <module>
     schema, schemareloadclosure):
   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 1269, in update_samdb
     schema, highestUSN, prereloadfunc)
   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 1036, in update_partition
     add_missing_entries(ref_samdb, samdb, names, basedn, listMissing)
   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 680, in add_missing_entries
     hashMissing, index)
   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 541, in add_missing_object
     if handle_special_add(samdb, dn, names):
   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 481, in handle_special_add
     samdb.rename(oldDn, objDn)
_ldb.LdbError: (53, "subtree_rename: Cannot rename
CN=Well-Known-Security-Id-System,CN=WellKnown Security
Principals,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net, it isn't permitted!")

I was trying to upgradeprovsion on alpha8 just to see if the issues were
solved.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou