Trouble vampiring W2K3 into Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 with Samba4

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 00:43:49 MDT 2010

Hi

On 2 September 2010 03:08, Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar
<dgz at trustedtranslations.com> wrote:
>  I find out the reason why I couldn't vampire the W2K3 AD for the second
> time. The reason is I was only removing the Samba4 AD recently joined from
> the Domain Controllers section of Active Directory Users and Computers. To
> completely remove any reference its also necessary to remove the server from
> the Sites/Servers section of Active Directory Sites and Services.
>
> As I saw on my threads the partially removed joined AD are also the cause
> for this kind error messages on Samba:
>
> dreplsrv_notify: Failed to send DsReplicaSync to
> 3dac8179-a019-4a04-a8d4-bbc80bfbde7e._msdcs.trusted.trusted for
> DC=trusted,DC=trusted - NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND : WERR_BADFILE
>
> On the other hand I made the vampired Samba4 AD work by configuring the BIND
> zones for my domain slave zones of the DNS running on the W2K3 Server which
> is good for testing purposes but as I want to shutdown the W2K3 Server would
> be nice to have independence. Any help regarding the proper DNS
> configuration for a vampired server will be highly appreciated :)

Have a look at the samba (rather than samba-technical) list archives.
There have been some messages recently about setting up dynamic DNS
for Samba4 with some HOWTOs for Centos posted, which might help even
if you're not running Centos.

Sorry, I am not able to help more with this at the moment.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>