s4: small change to gensec_gssapi

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 29 04:02:43 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 11:36 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> what do you think about the attached patch? Was there a special reason
> to write "\0"?

I know it looks odd, but yes, I do believe it was deliberate.  It is
written that way to make it quite clear that this is a zero-length,
non-NULL pointer, as the comment above explains.

I would rather it is left that way, despite the fact that your commit
produces an identical result, as it makes it much easier for folks to
find the original commit (2e7f35f8) that added this odd behaviour.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.