Fix our privileges code to display privileges with the "high" 32-bit value set.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 18 15:35:07 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 18:59 +0100, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> The branch, v3-6-test has been updated
>        via  7c9515c Fix our privileges code to display privileges with the "high" 32-bit value set.
>       from  886471d s3: Call sid_check_is_domain instead of dom_sid_equal
>
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=v3-6-test
>

> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 7c9515cbe26364a5ecfe609f56ac0ee6b6115f67
> Author: Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> Date:   Thu Nov 18 09:58:38 2010 -0800
>
>     Fix our privileges code to display privileges with the "high" 32-bit value set.
>
>     SeSecurityPrivilege is the first LUID we have added that has a non-zero
>     "high" value, ensure our LUID code correctly supports it.
>
>     Jeremy.

Jeremy,

I've just reviewed the privileges table in v3-6-test, and I can't see
how this is the case.   All the values, including SeSecurityPrivilege in
the privileges in table have only the low 32 bits set, and the same is
true for the privileges table I dumped from Windows (see
librpc/idl/security.idl)

Surely there must be something else going on here to prompt this patch?

Also, the new common privileges code uses an enum covering only the low
32 bits, because it was clear from extensive investigation that only the
low 32 bits are used.  (Aside from the fact that LUID values are meant
to be server-defined, and not valid across reboots).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.