FreeBSD version LDB_0.9.10 required by/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba not defined

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Sat Dec 11 19:04:44 MST 2010

> On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 15:12 -0800, tms3 at tms3.com wrote:
>>
>> This ones got me flipping puzzled.
>>
>> I have three 8.1 amd64 servers and an 8,2-BETA amd64 server.  One of
>> the 8.1's and the 8.2 run Version 4.0.0alpha14-GIT-6bc6c00 no problem.
>>
>> Two of the 8.1 boxes, which were running the last update I did ~2
>> weeks ago perfectly now say:
>>
>> zaphod# /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/samba/lib/libldb-samba4.so.0: version
>> LDB_0.9.10 required by /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba not defined
>>
>> I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck is out of step
>> between the two that work and the two that don't.  Any pointers,
>> ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If you updated recently, ensure you update again and recompile from
> clean.  There have been some small glitches along the way as we
> migrate
> to using symbol versions.

OK, so after much fiddling around, I take it that the ldb and tdb
files in /usr/local/samba are the issue. Fine. What do I do to
maintain the domain integrity, if I wipe out the samba directories on
the two broken servers? In other words, I have a functional domain
with multiple servers and workstations attached...how do I restore the
ones that have been rendered dead?