Possible to get Samba3 to use Samba4 server idmap info

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Aug 30 12:37:47 MDT 2010

  On 30/08/2010 21:25, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>   I am needing to get Samba3 clients (Linux desktops) to work with Samba4
> servers in idmapping. I see idmap_ad and adex, but they look at sfu or
> rfc2307 schemas to store uid/gid information.
>
> I see idmap_ldap, but I am think this may as well and I am unsure of
> what options to pass in.
>
> Obviously, with Windows clients, this all just works with Samba4. I need
> consistency between Windows and Linux desktops, not just within each
> group. (This knocks out idmap_hash I believe, as well as _rid.)
You want to mount volumes from your samba4 server via nfs or smbfs on
the linux client ?

I'm not sure that in any case this can work because s4 allocate uid
dynamically and I think (although not 100% sure) that it won't care
about the uid of the SFU when checking the access rights.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org