Issues in compiling samba-3.5.4 from source

Heinrich Mislik Heinrich.Mislik at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 25 06:53:23 MDT 2010

On 19 Aug 2010 at 13:00, Abhinav Gupta3 wrote:

> After compiling and installing from the source3/ directory, I get the
> following on executing any binary.
>
> # ./smbstatus -V
> Could not load program ./smbstatus:
>         Dependent module libwbclient.so could not be loaded.
> Could not load module libwbclient.so.
> System error: No such file or directory

The path to the shared objects during linking is specified as
-L./bin. This path gets stored into the executables and will
not work after installation. Try ldd or dump -H on the binaries to
see what shared objects are needed. You can set LIBPATH at runtime to
point to the directory with the shared objects. The option -blibpath
could be used during linking, to get the correct path into the
binaries.

Cheers

Heinrich
--
Heinrich Mislik
Zentraler Informatikdienst der Universitaet Wien