[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 01:58:16 MDT 2010

Hi

On 19 August 2010 18:40, Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> wrote:
>  Dear Samba4 users,
>
> With this patch I correct an error that I introduced at the beginning of the
> year and that caused the machine GPO not to be accessible (because file
> access was denied).
>
> I recommand users who provisioned their samba4 after the 1/01/2010 to run
> upgradeprovision with the following parameter:
> --resetfileacl
>
> Ie. ./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision -s <path_to_smb.conf> --resetfileacl
>
> Of course you are invited to backup the provision before, to stop samba4,
> and to be prepared for a restore. In a word if you are unprepared, in hurry,
> unaware don't do the upgrade.
>
> Although we pay attention to upgradeprovision so that is does it job
> correctly errors and bugs are still possible. That being said I updated my
> provisions without a problem in a couple of minutes this morning.
>
> For people who have updated an older provision within the last two months
> you are also invited to do the update.

Perhaps you should also post this to the samba list?  There are more
and more people asking about samba4 on the samba list instead of
samba-technical.

Also, it seems questions about samba4 on the samba list are less
likely to get answered than they are here.  Should all samba4
questions be redirected to samba-technical until further notice?  Or
should more samba4 developers be encouraged to look for messages on
the samba list with "samba4", "s4", "samba 4" etc. in the subject? :)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>