Any problem with a 1.8MB blob in the tree? Re: Please try to upgrade an alpha10 when enforcing new rules in samdb

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sun Aug 15 09:01:22 MDT 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:39:20 +0400
Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> wrote:

> I would argue against doing it time to time as we might push code that
> will one more time break upgradeprovision.

Every time we touch any code we might break something. That's why we
need tests. Not arguing here.

> The test itself is rather quick (~1/2 minutes).

That's per provision. If we need to test more of these, this will add
up. I think a regular make test should stay below 5 minutes, or nobody
will run it for every check in. Having a test run that runs all tests
on the build box would be good, but even right now make test really
slows you down if you try to run it for a handful of paches. Making
this worse will just cause less people to run the tests.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin