SMB static log file

Piotr Buliński bulinskp at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sat May 16 08:23:04 GMT 2009

Hello All,

I am wondering if it would be possible to do anything with hard coded
log.smbd i log.nmbd in samba. It is really annoying when I do not want
to have anything logged into files (syslog only = yes), but samba
every restart create log files.

I know this is because reopen_logs and DEBUG(....) are called before
configuration load, so there is no way to make it through
configuration file.

But maybe it would be possible to modify reopen_logs() and/or add
another flag to daemon, that prevent from creating log.* files (send
to syslog?)?

I really would like to discuss about this issue with You and find some
constructive solution.

Best regards
--
Piotr Buliński