DFS problem

Tue May 5 19:35:25 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 09:22:01PM +0200, miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com wrote:
> Hmm, what do you think about this:
> 356352: readlink("./test", "", 6)                       Err#34 ERANGE
> Which would mean that the path name in the symbolic link is longer than the BufferSize value of the readlink call...
> BTW, this is AIX ;)

Looking at the single unix specification, ERANGE is not
expected from readlink. You might try to replace the

        char link_target_buf[7];

by

        char link_target_buf[1024];

a couple of lines above. If that helps, please file a bug in
bugzilla with all this information. This way we'll get it
into the next Samba releases.

Volker