Samba4 shared FS + MacOS issue

George K Colley gcolley at apple.com
Tue Jan 27 20:32:05 GMT 2009

Can you try that again using the following instructions, please run it
from the Mac:

1. Log in with an administrator account into Mac OS X.
2. Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities).
3. To start the trace, you will type a command, followed by the Return
key. The command you choose needs to match the way your computer
connects to the Internet.

   For built-in Ethernet, type:

   sudo tcpdump -i en0 -s 0 -w ~/Desktop/DumpFile.dmp

   Note: Both "en0" and "-s 0" include a zero, not the letter O.

   For AirPort, type:

   sudo tcpdump -i en1 -s 0 -w ~/Desktop/DumpFile.dmp

   Note: "-s 0" includes a zero, not the letter O.

4. When prompted for a password, enter the one for your administrator
account.