Problem with ReadAndX

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Wed Jan 21 14:49:05 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Mahendran <shmahendran at gmail.com> wrote:

> How is it supposed to know how big the file is without asking?
>
> File Size is given in the OpenAndX response so the client should ask the
> exact size in the ReadAndX that it is expecting. Am I correct?

Even if so, your problem is still a client issue. The client makes repeated
requests after it already has the file data, whether it asks for 256 and
gets back 4 (as currently) or whether it were to ask for 4 and get back 4
(as you suggest it could). I think you'll have to investigate whatever
client you're using to find out why it makes the repeated requests.

Derrell