Unable to join a domain with windows 7 beta1

doug2168 d4.laptop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:05:08 GMT 2009

yes, it would be nice to know if luke got a windows 7 machine to join a samba
domain or not. i've been at it now for 2 days and have had no success. i'm
running a ubuntu dapper server with samba 3.022, 4 win xp pro machines
joined to the samba domain and have had no luck getting win 7 to join. i can
see and access shares all across the network but have no luck getting the
box to join.

i've tried all of the vista fixes found through google and done a side by
side comparison of an xp pro setup vs win 7. all settings are the same.