Can CTDB be used to create HA NAS reexporting NFS via Samba?

Tue Jan 13 13:35:41 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 03:57:54PM +0300, Alexander wrote:
> Well, ok, I get it, thanks for the clarification, Volker.
> But I think that anyway it sounds good enough to try it out, how much of the
> availability it can bring.
>
> Have you anything to say about the main question, NFS being reexported in
> this setup? Will it work or it's hard to say or something?

All the hard no-no's still apply. Real cluster file systems
at least in theory should have coherent caching.

AFAIK does not guarantee data coherence, so if your data
integrity means anything to you, you should stay away from
this.

Volker