latest v4-0-test compilation report (Samba4/OpenChange)

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Tue Feb 24 22:18:02 MST 2009

Hi List,

Below is a quick report of Samba4/OpenChange compilation issues
encountered with latest samba4 git v4-0-test.

Samba4 compilation:
===================
During tevent compilation, I encounter:
        tevent.h:34:36: error: ../lib/replace/replace.h: No such file or directory

Replacing the include directive with ../../lib/replace/replace.h fixes
the building issue but reference to this file in the installed tevent.h
causes OpenChange compilation to fail. Once removed from installed
headers, everything is fine with it.

OpenChange compilation:
=======================
In file included from /usr/local/samba/include/gen_ndr/dcerpc.h:6,
                 from /usr/local/samba/include/dcerpc.h:32,
                 from ./libmapi/libmapi.h:49,
                 from libmapi/IABContainer.c:21:
/usr/local/samba/include/gen_ndr/misc.h:46: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘NTSTATUS’

Changing from:
        #include <ndr.h>
        #include <gen_ndr/dcerpc.h>
to:
        #include <ndr.h>
        #include <gen_ndr/dcerpc.h>
in /usr/local/samba/include/dcerpc.h fixes the issue

Pidl automatically defines _GNU_SOURCE for openchange pidl
auto-generated code but we already define it on our own in other header
files causing some warnings. Maybe something like the above in the
parser would prevent these warnings from showing up?

#ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
#define _GNU_SOURCE
#endif

Samba server:
=============

It would really be nice if tevent DEBUG strings for debuglevel == 5
could be disabled. There are so many of them that it is only possible to
run samba with -d4 -i -M single for debugging purpose:

tevent: Ending timer event 0x97b9e38 "ltdb_callback"
tevent: Added timed event "ltdb_callback": 0x97b9d30
tevent: Added timed event "ltdb_timeout": 0x97b9df8
tevent: Destroying timer event 0x97b9df8 "ltdb_timeout"

Minor these small issues, latest samba4 seems to work fine with
openchange. I currently have a small provisioning issue preventing from
testing openchange server, but libmapi/mapitest and mapiproxy
(transparent proxy with downgrade module) are OK.

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Manager

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79