[RFC] To make libsmbclient work for DFS shares for samba3

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Tue Feb 17 09:46:42 MST 2009

2009/2/17 boyang <boyang at suse.de>

> >           BTW: the Makefile under examples/libsmbclient seems broken,
> >     missing some libraries. I can toggle it to build, __BUT__ I am really
> >     not sure which ones are missed. :-)
> >

> > Please provide details. I use that Makefile all the time for my
> > testing and have no issues, but I'm testing only under Linux. What OS
> > are you using, and what issues are you seeing?
> I am using Linux too. It is linking error, some functions that is used
> by libsmbclient are not found.(I cannot remember them exactly, one looks
> like related to dictionary parse, and one looks like something in zlib,
> several others...). I added "-lrt -liniparser -lnsl  -lz -lcap
> -lcom_err" to LDFLAGS to make it work.

Hmmm... Are you passing some non-default arguments to the configure script?
If you run configure with no arguments, or use configure.developer and
optional --enable-debug, you should find that the examples link with no
errors. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Someone has created a Makefile.internal that is built from
Makefile.internal.in. I'm not sure when that was created (I actually didn't
even realize until just now that it existed). You might try updating it with
all of the recent examples, and see if it links properly. Maybe it's time to
obsolete the manually-generated Makefile and move over to this
auto-generated one...

Derrell