is current samba4 how-to up-to-date?

Wes Deviers wdevie at hrcsb.org
Tue Apr 21 16:09:47 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 09:58:44 Andreika wrote:

> successfully solved the problem:
> my .zone file contained ip address 127.0.0.1 (which was taken from
> /etc/hosts file), i changed it to my local ip and everything worked!
> P.S. it was me who wrote email.
>
> now I have some more problems.
> 1. I set up samba 4 alfa7 with openldap. everything works fine, bur _very_
> slow! i can see some sasl error messages in logs. I also suppose samba makes
> too much responses, because it takes my win xp about a minute to open
> dsa.msc ))

Are you still running is at -M single?  That tends to run it really slowly for
me, but when I switch to running it normally it gets a bit snappier. Also,
having the log level set too high will cause it to spend all of it's time
writing logs to disk.  Other than that, I've always had 4 run slower, but I
figure it hasn't been optimized much yet; I also run it exclusively in
VirtualBox, so that could be skewing my experience.

Wes