[Samba] Question about how to reduce samba 3.3.3 install size or why it has been increased dramatically from 3.0.34 to 3.3.3

Sun Apr 19 19:16:09 GMT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 07:44:50PM +0200, votdev at gmx.de wrote:
> Is it possible that there are added features in 3.3.3 automatically that
> aren't available in 3.0.34? Maybe i can switch them off? I compared the
> configure scripts of both versions but did not see great differences.
> I can't understand what blows up the code so much, was there a great
> change in the code base of 3.2.x and 3.3.x?

As I told you: We auto-generate a lot of code that was
hand-written in 3.0. The autogenerated stuff contains a lot
of boilerplate code that used to be not there. You might
want to look at the size of librpc/gen_ndr/. This very
likely is most of what was not there before.

I would highly appreciate patches to put the
librpc/gen_ndr/ndr*.o stuff into a shared library to reduce
the overall code size.

Thanks,

Volker