sys_setgroups : migration issues from 3.0 series to 3.2/3.3 series

Sat Apr 18 10:23:52 GMT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:45:30AM +0200, miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com wrote:
> Afaik that's a hard limit defined by the constant NGROUPS_MAX, which is
> 128 for my OS.
> Does this mean I have to stick with the 3.0 series, even though the OS
> didn't change this value in 10 years?

Well, you could comment out the call to smb_panic in
source/smbd/sec_ctx.c line 260 and recompile Samba. But then
you will probably (as in 3.0) see that some users can't
access files they should be able to access, because the OS
can not handle all the groups the user is member of.

Volker

P.S: I haven't tested that commenting out...