Samba patches @apple.com

Björn Jacke bj at SerNet.DE
Tue Apr 7 08:16:56 GMT 2009

Hi James,

On 2009-04-06 at 09:03 -0700 James Peach sent off:
> It's quite a lot of work to do this, and in general these patches are
> only interesting for Apple. If you have specific patches that you'd
> like let me know.
>
> --
> James Peach | jorgar at gmail.com

thanks for replying.

Not all of the patches are Apple, better said Darwin specific.  I contributed a
number of Darwin specific patches to Samba in the past because there _are_
people that compile Samba on theirself on this platform. For that reason I
would really like to see the mentioned pathes by Apple recontributed back
upstream, even if some of them are in fact "just" Darwin specific.

I'm really not asking you to do that in your spare time, James. If otherwise
not possbile: could you simply send the patches as they are with personal
copyright and removed copyright notices that are contrary with the GPL here to
the list?

Thanks
Björn