[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-0-test updated - release-3-0-29-4-gcf9ef3a

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Tue May 27 16:09:02 GMT 2008

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> The other assumption would be that 3-2-test is open for
> 3-2-1 development already now. This means that pulling stuff
> into -stable needs an explicit notice.

Well, I thought that tere was no such thing as "3-2-1 development".
To my understanding, everything to go into 3.2.X after 3.2.0rc1
has to be strict bugfixing.

Apart from that, I can understand Karolin being more comfortable
with explicitly letting patches through. The alternative of
freezing 3-2-test temporarily could be tried in a next release.
But in that case, no-one can add patches to the release but

On the other hand, with 3-2-test open for anyone, this can be
understood as the platform for developers to publicly prepare
their patches for the release.

Well, as you said, Jerry, it is up to Karolin to decide.
She'll see what works best over the next couple of releases!

:-)

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9