[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-0-test updated - release-3-0-29-4-gcf9ef3a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 26 17:03:04 GMT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:13:19AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 04:13:58PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> > btw....Karolin, can we now assume that *everything* in v3-2-test
> > will be merged for release and not go through the step of asking
> > you to pull into -stable?  That it will just happen?
>
> No, I would prefer to stick to the notification.
> My plan was to use v3-2-test as upcoming 3.2.1 and to pull only bug fixes
> to v3-2-stable (after proper notification).
>
> Are there any arguments against this strategy?

Yeah :-). Most new development goes into 3.3,
that branch has nicely separated out the new
features problem.

The fixes that go into 3.2-test people assume
will be in the next 3.2 release.

My vote would be to automatically pull 3.2-test
into release without explicit notification.
No one should be doing new feature/experimental
work in that branch anyway, just bugfixes.

Having the explicit notification step just
allows people to forget.

Jeremy.