winbindd on PDC

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Sun May 25 16:46:48 GMT 2008

I'm reading through winbindd code. When we are PDC and want to run
winbindd on the same machine to be able, for example, to run Squid
with ntlm_auth helper, how to setup winbindd so that it actually
works?

>From the code in winbindd_misc.c and winbindd_cm.c I see that we
intentionally mark our own (internal) domain as offline so that
winbind's child wouldn't get into loop with main winbindd. However,
this means that it is unable to serve any requests that rely to this
child's domain (our own domain)  that require connection to netlogon
share and  wbinfo -t, wbinfo -a don't work, reporting
NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS from init_dc_connection() (because
domain->online is false there).

What am I missing here? Is it at all possible to have samba/squid on
one box that serves as PDC?
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy