samba4: machine and user accounts

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sat May 24 06:43:56 GMT 2008

Mike Wilkinson schrieb:
> Ok, got time to reprovision, replaced source/setup/schema.ldif with the
> extracted one from the domain.
>
> dsdb/schema/schema_init.c:431: 'msExchMailboxManagerReportRecipient':
> unable to map attributeID 1.2.840.113556.1.4.7000.102.50076:
> WERR_DS_NO_MSDS_INTID
>
> I picked a random oid from the the original schema.ldif to find if
> there's any lookup table or hard coded list, and I didn't find anything.
>
> Any suggestions to where to go next?

It's in the prefixMap attribute,
see setup/provision_schema_basedn_modify.ldif.

I think we need to autogenerate the base64 encoded
based on some plain text source, maybe a simple file
like this:

0x00000000:1.2.3.4.1
0x00010000:1.2.3.4.2
0x00020000:1.2.3.4.3

What we also need is to implement the schema master role
completely, so that the schema can we updated at runtime
and a new mapping is created, but first we need to write
some tests to see how windows handles that.

Note the prefixMapping attribute is not exposed via LDAP
from windows hosts, the content is only accessable via the
DsGetNCChanges() (but not as raw blob how it is stored on the database).

metze