samba4: machine and user accounts

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Fri May 23 02:07:14 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 02:17:53PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 23:53 -0400, Mike Wilkinson wrote:
> >     ldb: Unable to find backend for 'ldap://xxxx'
> > I'm assuming it's local setup, I've searched for info on smbscript but
> > found nothing more than a few irc logs that appear to have gone more
> > smoothly. smbscript isn't installed in the target directory, I've added
> > .../source/bin to the path. Any clues on what environment I need to set
> > to have it find an ldap backend.

> This *should* (I am assured) be fixed in current GIT.  Do a new build,
> and 'make install'.  If that doesn't work, then clean out your build
> tree and do a new build and 'make install'...
Sorry, I thought I had this fixed but apparently $(basename) in make
and basename the command-line utility do completely different things
to a path. I must've been looking at the wrong symlinks when I was verifying
my fix worked.

It should really be fixed in git atm (revision 84d937).

Cheers,

Jelmer