how and where to get information about samba 4 ?

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed May 21 06:11:10 GMT 2008

Manu schrieb:
> Hi Wes,
>
>> Stuff that I had trouble with in the last few days....it doesn't mean they
>> don't work, just that my most recent basic attempts didn't bare fruit.
>
> I have troubles with roaming profiles, It seems that particular
> files/directories can't be saved to the server. I get a
> STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION error. I can't figure out why.

This error has nothing todo with ACLs, it means the file is already
open. This might be a bug related to oplocks or share modes.

It would be nice if you could provide a capture of this,
with wireshark or tcpdump -s 0 -w file.cap.
Please capture all traffic from the workstation boot to the time the
error happens.

metze