samba4: machine and user accounts

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 21 01:21:53 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 21:13 -0400, Mike Wilkinson wrote:
> Manu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had the same errors with Alpha 3, it works fine with latest sources,
> > do a "git" and it should be ok.
> >
> Indeed that's what we saw here.
>
> Perhaps it might be worth releasing a new alpha tarball given that the
> 4.0.0alpha4GIT is already so much more of an improvement? I guess more
> hits via http than rsync/git, so updating the tarball would help generally.

I may well do that.  I need a hand (on IRC) to do the release - I like a
third party to verify the changes, and it is great if someone can help
me with the release notes.  It takes a day or two to do, as I like to
run a few extra tests, and ensure we don't put up duds.

I know Simo is very keen to get his ldb changes in, and we will have to
do a new release for that anyway (because it is a reasonably large
semantic change), so for the moment I'm trying to wait for them.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.