Problem in working with domain DFS links

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 19 17:11:16 GMT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 09:44:24AM +0300, Ofir Azoulay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >From my short (and maybe wrong :-)) experience, in the case of the
> GET_DFS_REFERRAL request, the request is for a specific path in the
> current tid. The parameter for this request is in the current tid, and
> so we can compare it to this tid's name and not to any connected tid.
>
> Only the result of this request may point to another server/share.
>
> Am I wrong here?

No, you're right I think - but we have no access to the req->tid
here (inside the parsing function), and have to do a strequal
call anyway (which is the expensive part of the code path). The
code I added will move the matching tid to the front of the
linked list which will make subsequent hits the first strequal
tried on the same tid path.

I'll look into refactoring to get access to the incoming tid
and see how much code change that will involve.

Jeremy