Problem in working with domain DFS links

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed May 14 00:33:30 GMT 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008 23:04:58 +0200
Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 01:09:39PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Here is a patch for 3.2-stable that implements
> > this - please check if it's ok in your environment.
>
> This conn_find_byname would happen on every path-based
> operation? Can't we make RH to fix the client? They don't
> need to bump the version number, just stick in the patch.

I plan to get that fix in as soon as I can, but it will be a little
while before it can go in. The Linux CIFS client has apparently been
doing this for a long time. This will probably cause most of the
existing Linux CIFS clients in the field to break, not just the newly
shipped ones from Red Hat. It's also not unlikely that there are other
clients that do the same thing that we're not aware of...

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>