[patch] 3.2 test - add fsctl_recall_offline support

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 9 05:11:30 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 10:11:05PM -0700, James Peach wrote:
> On 08/05/2008, at 4:12 PM, David Disseldorp wrote:
>
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> Following on from the HSM offline files changes you made recently,
>> this set of patches adds FSCTL_RECALL_FILE support to Samba 3.2.
>>
>> for details on the fsctl:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364587(VS.85).aspx
>>
>> comments / feedback welcome.
>
> This looks like a really nice piece of work, Dave.
>
> 	- in the default VFS, you should return ENOSYS for unimplemented calls
> 	- I can't say I'm a big fan of this "Leave at 22 - not yet released"
> business in vfs.h ... is someone going to actually bump the version number
> before the 3.2 release?

Actually so long as it's greater than the version number
used in 3.0.x (which is #define SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION 21)
then I think it's ok. Although it doesn't leave any room
in case the 3.0.x code wants to rev. the vfs interface
(not that there should be any need for that - 3.0.x will
go into bugfix only mode once 3.2 comes out).

I've bumped the version number to 23 for the 3.3 tree
(for my removal of set_nt_acl() change).

Maybe we should make 3.2 vfs #32 and the 3.3 vfs #42
to allow bump room.

Jeremy.