smbclient - put broken

simo idra at samba.org
Fri May 9 02:43:56 GMT 2008

Team,
Kai discovered that smbclient in Fedora 9 packages (3.2.0-pre3) is
broekn, and I was able to reproduce the same thing with v3-2-stable.

Apparently trying to put any file on an smb server will result in the
file being created but zero bytes transferred. The file is 0 bytes long
on the receiving end when the operation finishes.

I will try to look into this tomorrow, but if you feel to look into it
before I wake up on this side of the sea please do it :-)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <ssorce at redhat.com>