libwbclient - wbcLogoffUser() & wbcLookupDomainController

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Tue May 6 08:44:09 GMT 2008

Jerry,

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 03:21:21PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Metze,
>
> Here's what I'm proposing for the two calls discussed on IRC
>
> 1. wbcErr wbcLogoffUser(const char *username,
>                          const char *ccfilename);
>
> Some explanations.  There is no current LogonUser pipe call.
> This is implicit in the Authenticate call.  So I've not added
> a wbcLogonUser().  I debated dropping the cred cache pathood
> and having the library look up the default. This might still
> be a good idea to help relieve the burden on the application
> developer.  But it can bet set to NULL to it's not that bad.
>

> 2.  wbcErr wbcLookupDomainController(const char *domain,
>                                 struct wbcDomainControllerInfo *dc_info);
>

> Here's we currently only return the char* name of the DC
> but I expect that other information would be useful.
> Looking at the this from netlogon.h, I think something similar
> would be a good idea as an info structure.  At least the
> name, address, and site information.
>
> struct netr_DsRGetDCNameInfo {
>         const char *dc_unc;/* [unique,charset(UTF16)] */
>         const char *dc_address;/* [unique,charset(UTF16)] */
>         enum netr_DsRGetDCNameInfo_AddressType dc_address_type;
>         struct GUID domain_guid;
>         const char *domain_name;/* [unique,charset(UTF16)] */
>         const char *forest_name;/* [unique,charset(UTF16)] */
>         uint32_t dc_flags;
>         const char *dc_site_name;/* [unique,charset(UTF16)] */
>         const char *client_site_name;/* [unique,charset(UTF16)] */
> }/* [public] */;
>
> Comments?

We (Volker, Metze, Günther, Michael and me) talked about these two functions
again. Maybe we should try to get them into 3.2.0 to avoid bumping the
library version number in 3.2.1.

Is it possible to finish them until May 21? If yes, I would propose to
pick it for 3.2.0rc1. Do you agree?

Cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE