[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-3-test updated - release-3-2-0pre2-2269-gb739c7f

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Mon May 5 19:59:03 GMT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:58:23AM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> > thanks for attacking this untangling of posix acl code and
> > general access code! I had a TODO for this but didn't get
> > started with it yet... :-)
>
> I'm planning to resolve it so I can add the native NT ACL
> code.

Great!

This is also good because there are issues with nfs4 acls.
The zfsacl module, which does not provide implementations
of the SYS_ACL_* ops used to run into code with hard-wired
references to posix acl code (in directory_has_default_acl
e.g.).

Please let me know if/where I can join in and contribute here.

Some related thoughts:

I had the idea of removing the SYS_ACL_ ops from the
vfs interface and have that backend code inside the posix
acl implementation. One would have to consider the nfs4acl
vfs modules, since most of these also implement some SYS_ACL
ops as fallbacks.

The posix_cal implementation could (and maybe should) also
be a proper vfs module instead of being hard-wired.

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9