Seeing SAMBA in embedded device from vista

Rubén Lagar ruben.lagar at vanios.es
Wed Jun 18 11:28:51 GMT 2008

I have read everywhere that

security=user

is preferred by developers and recommended, but I have not found any way
to achieve the same effect. If I use that option, Vista always is asking
me for an username and a password, so then people who wants to use my
device has to know those params. I have looked for a solution in google
and in mail archives, but I have not found anything. Maybe it is a
newbie question, but that is what I am.

About what I asked first in my email, could you please help me with
something?

I apologize if I should not ask these type of things in this list, but I
am really stuck and I don't know how to go forward.