Users in Samba 4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 8 23:05:14 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 14:49 +0200, sebek wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible import users from Samba 3 to Samba 4?

Not trivially and transparently.  We do have some upgrade scripts, and I
would be very happy to work with you to see what would be required to
upgrade your installation (because that would help fix our scripts, and
help us write a tips-and-traps document), but I can't suggest an 'out of
the box' solution, as the existing upgrade scripts are not finished yet.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.