question about find_new_dc function

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Fri Jun 6 19:15:20 GMT 2008

This is in the file nsswitch/winbindd_cm.c (samba-3.0.30) line 1236

We have a label again: where we keep trying to find the name of the DC
from the list of IPs returned by get_dcs. If we fail to figure out the
name we do a goto again at the end of the function. The problem is we
don't reset the num_dcs, num_addrs, etc and free the memory in the
various arrays. This seems wrong to me. I have a winbindd core where
I have 9 IPs returned for the DCs but at the time of the crash num_dcs
is 87 and if I look through the array dcs it keeps repeating entries
from the same group of 9