point and click with Xerox 7232

Matthieu PATOU mat at matws.net
Sun Jun 1 13:00:41 GMT 2008

Dear list,

I am the unfortunate owner of a Xerox 7232 multifunction printer without PS module.

Cups do not work with this printer: using supplied psd do not work.

So I tried to use native windows drivers, I seem to be able to upload all the driver on the server but when I right
click on printer to configure default settings on server I got an error message.
People at linuxprinting suppose that is a problem with bi-directional communication (
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Xerox-WorkCentre_7232).

What can I do to verify that assumption ?
What can I give you to track down the problem ?

Regards

Matthieu