problem with DC and trusted domains

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Jan 21 19:46:18 GMT 2008

During some tests it came up that v3-0-test has a very strange behavior
when configured as a DC with trusted domains.
What happen is that after issuing a wbinfo -m winbindd started looping
trying to connect to the DC (ie the same machine it is running on).

This shouldn't happen and indeed we have a flag: domain->internal that
should prevent winbindd from trying.

This flag is set by is_internal_domain().

Now for some reason unclear to me this function does not check for our
own sid when IS_DC is true.
I do not understand why this check is necessary, and indeed removing it
actually solves the problem.

The attached patch removes this check in both is_internal_domain() and
is_in_internal_domain() (the latter is never called anyway if IS_DC is
true)

Comments welcome, I'd like to commit this patch so that it goes into
3.0.28a if possible.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce